For this assignment you will investigate the life of an important man or woman from medieval times and deliver an oral report to the class. You will select a person to research and be steered toward appropriate sources of information in print and on the Internet.
- Read the information and take notes using Google Docs. Each section of information should be labeled with the topic and the source. You must use at least three sources, one of them a print source (items from the library database count as a print source). Notes are due: Wednesday, Nov. 30.
- Next, you will organize your notes according to an outline, putting them in a logical sequence to tell your story. The outline will be started in class on Wednesday, Nov. 30, and will be checked the next day, Thursday, December 1.
- After the outline, you will type up a first draft of about two to three pages describing of the life and achievements of your subject. The first draft is due on or before Thursday, Dec. 8. Include a bibliography listing your sources.
- Revise, correct, and hand in a copy of the written work by Monday, December 12.
- You will present your yourself to the class in an oral report. Part of your presentation to the class will include a hat, costume or historical artifact that you will create to represent your famous person. It doesn’t have to be complicated. Paper, foil and other simple materials are fine to use to construct your object. Have fun and be creative!
- All materials, including first and second draft plus artifact are Due by: Thursday, December 15.